Colours add meaning to life. It is an undeniable fact that colours always grab your attention and make you appreciate the beauty of them, regardless of how old you are. Now when it comes to getting creative, you can do wonders with some colours.
In this week’s release, we tell you how to make some beautiful, colourful dotted glass tumblers that you can use not just as a decorative piece of art in your own house but also gift it to your near and dear ones.
Things you will need:
-Enamel acrylic paint—red, blue, green, white, yellow.
-Two/ Three glass tumblers
-A parchment paper
-A sheet pan
Steps to make colourful dotted tumblers:
1. Arrange all your items in one place, and choose the colours of acrylic paint that you want to use in your tumblers
2. Take a sheet of paper towel and fold it evenly into half. Pull out dollops of each colour from the acrylic paint containers on the paper towel.
3. It is up to your creativity when it comes to mixing colours. You can keep it simple or try experimenting, additionally, adding white to them to get some more new colours that you would like on your tumbler.
4. Take a sheet of parchment paper and place it properly on the sheet pan. Now flip your glass tumblers upside down on the pan, and dip your cotton swab into the colours and start dotting the tumblers. This will be your first layer of dots. As you are done with one tumbler, keep it aside to let it dry while you continue working the same way on the other tumblers.
5. After you are done with the first layer of dots and it is dry, start with the second layer, experimenting with your desired colour combinations. Be careful to dot from the base to the sides of the tumbler, and avoid getting closer to the edges.
6. As soon as you are done with the double layering and you are sure that the paint has dried up, insert the pan inside a cold oven and bake your creation at a temperature approximately at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for around 20-30 minutes in order to set the paint.
7. Once you are done with the baking, let it cool down for a while before you flip them. And there you have it! Your own DIY colourful dotted glass tumblers. Gift them to your friends or keep them as a show piece.
Connect with us:
If colours are a part of your DIY projects as well, then we would love to see some of your creations. Connect with us on Facebook, or leave your comments below. We are always pleased to read them!
Images source: popsugar