DIY may sound very difficult to approach for those of us who have not tried it before. An article like this one gives some easy DIY ideas that even beginners can try out to increase our confidence. I am sure some of them such as clearing out the kitchen pantry are things we might have done at our homes, but anything like replacing a glass ourselves feels too forbidding. Here are some more ideas that might help:
1. If you have an old grater lying around, you can put it to good use as an earring stand. All it needs is a fresh coat of paint and it can look stunning! See this image for an example.
2. Before setting out to buy a new blackboard or writing board for your kids, look in your local paint shop for blackboard paint. This can turn any surface into a blackboard, so all you need to do is find a portion of the wall in your child’s room and make it a fun writing area. It can even be painted on a kitchen cupboard to turn it into your memo pad. See this link for a detailed “how to”.
3. One of the best ways to give a space a makeover is to use paint. It could be your front doors, or just a cabinet that’s looking worn out; a fresh coat of paint can liven up the space. This is a very easy thing to do yourself, just walk over to your local hardware store and select a shade and try it out in a small space first and you’ll see.
4. This one from Pinterest really got my attention – a very simple yet brilliant way to use those large mouthed pots and vases that are always stored up because of the trouble of arranging anything in them.
5. The next time your dining chair or footstool upholstery gets worn out, try changing it yourself. All you’ll need is some fabric, scissors, small nails or pins and a hammer, and you are sure to be surprised at how simple it is.
Hope some the above helps you embark on your first DIY around the house, do let us know how it turned out. Whether looking for a great hammer, drill or even a paint edger, Black & Decker has one in store for you. Do check out our products at our webpage: